Sunday, September 18, 2005

Windows Vista beta



Well the beta version of the next Windows is out, Windows Vista beta 1. I was able to get my hands on a copy and it's pretty cool. The first pic is of my desktop running Vista. Nothing really too noticeable here other than the color scheme is different. One thing to point out is what Microsoft is touting as "Aero" the see-through borders on all the windows, it's really only noticeable here on the top of the browser. The second pic shows you multiple windows open and a cool new feature, when you mouse over a tab at the bottom it shows you a little preview of the window. The beta isn't all that different from XP from what I've seen, it's more of a cosmetic upgrade. It runs a little slow and not everything work for it, ie. my sound card, but hey it's a beta.

No comments: