Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sony And PS3 Get Gasp, Good Press!

Since 2000, Folding@Home (FAH) has led to a major jump in the capabilities of molecular simulation. By joining together hundreds of thousands of PCs throughout the world, calculations which were previously considered impossible have now become routine. FAH has targeted the study of of protein folding and protein folding disease, and numerous scientific advances have come from the project.

So basically it links computers through the internet and uses some of their computer power to do scientific calculations, to you know help cure Cancer, Parkinson, and Webbed Feet. Well maybe not webbed feet but you see where I'm going. You can even navigate through the molecules in realtime (Yes, just like weapon changes). Pretty cool, I gotta applaud Sony on this one, I sure can't say that my 360 is helping cure Cancer. I can see little manipulative kids now, "Mom, I need one to help cure Cancer." How can your argue with that?

(For my info on Folding@Home)

No comments: