Monday, December 04, 2006

My Ugly Mug. Rainbow Six: Vegas Style.


Yep, that's me. This is what the Vision Camera was made for, I've always wanted to be in a video game and now I am (sorta). The Facemapping work great in RB6: Vegas, it is so weird to be playing and then see my face, and the fact that everyone else can see it to is just awesome too. On to the review:


Rainbow Six: Vegas is finally out and let me tell you what a phenomenal game it is, this game does (almost) everything right. The single player story is compelling and engaging, with fast action, suburb AI, and beautiful environments that shows off a multitude of colors (that Gears definitely lacks...) that only a game set in Vegas could bring forward. The enemy AI is again suburb they take cover, flank, retreat, shout order and location to their teammates, and they even throw some great dialog in the mix such as: "Smith is down... Shit, he owed me money!"


Multiplayer is also a (mostly) great experience, the only thing that would make it perfect would be a party system a la Halo 2, but seeing how EVERY game (but H2) suffers from this delima I'll let it slip...For now. In multiplayer you can play 2-4 player co-op through the entire campaign, or you can do a 2-4 player co-op through all the multiplayer levels to eliminate terrorists, call well...Terrorists Hunt. Both are tons of fun and great to due with friends or some random person on Live, the only problem with playing with your friends is you can't play with them on a ranked match, lame. So if I want to due a ranked Terrorist Hunt, I can make the game I just can't invite my friends to join me, I have to due it with stranger. This has become a serious problem on Live with recent games, Rainbow Six, Gears of War, Splinter Cell, G.R.A.W., etc... This has really curbed my playing of these games, playing ranked games is really what most people want to due and by not making you able to play that with your friends is really hurting these games, That why, I believe, so many people still play the cheat/hacker riddled Halo 2, is because they can just get on and play with their friends. Enough ranting, RB6: Vegas does have your standard multiplayer modes: deathmatch, team deathmatch, and then some objective based games like save the hostages or grab some data. But even with these drawbacks this the best, most well-rounded game on the 360 to date.


That's my Samsung 1080i TV that doesn't do 720p... Humm....

Even with my backward Cards hat, Xbox Wireless Headset, and my glasses the camera made a great model of my face.

Here's a comparison pic for ya, sorry no tactical gear or guns...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been very happy with all the face mapping fotos I have seen. I however don't have a 360 so I can't try it out for my self. I can't wait to try it cause I have a full Beard thats red. Can't wait to try it.