After a few Release Candidates Mozilla has now released Firefox 2.0 to the world. I strongly recommend that
- Spell Checker - Now Firefox checks your spelling for you! As you type and it notices a spelling error Firefox underlines the error in red and if you right click on it gives you a choice of correct spellings or to add it to the dictionary if it's a custom word like, leet, n00b, or even gasp jayman.
- Phishing - Firefox now checks the website you're on to make sure it's not a phishing site.
- (Next bullets strait from Mozilla:)
- Enhanced search capabilities: Search term suggestions will now appear as users type in the integrated search box when using the Google, Yahoo! or Answers.com search engines. A new search engine manager makes it easier to add, remove and re-order search engines, and users will be alerted when Firefox encounters a website that offers new search engines that the user may wish to install.
- Improved tabbed browsing: By default, Firefox will open links in new tabs instead of new windows, and each tab will now have a close tab button. Power users who open more tabs than can fit in a single window will see arrows on the left and right side of the tab strip that let them scroll back and forth between their tabs. The History menu will keep a list of recently closed tabs, and a shortcut lets users quickly re-open an accidentally closed tab.